Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm Baaaa-aaack! :)

So now that all my preggo friends are having their babies, I can try to start losing my baby weight, too. I put on a little sympathy weight for them...no really, I did. Ha! I think like 6 or 7 lbs. But it's all good. I have to say, I kind of knew it was happening/going to happen. I got too far on the other side...like cared too much about it. Made myself feel like a failure if I had one...or ten bad day(s).

Well, now that I'm over trying to be perfect and am walking closer to the Lord, I have the OK from him to start getting back in shape again. On a serious note, I really did suffer from deep feelings of failure and hopelessness about getting into shape. It sounds petty, but Satan is a liar and used something near and dear to me and most girls (my appearance) and attacked me. So, We (me and the Lord) have defeated him. I have learned that I am NOTHING without Him and want to be more beautiful on the inside than the outside. No matter what size jeans I wear, I am precious in His sight. There is such comfort in that for me.

As I was sitting in Bible Study last night, I heard a word from the Lord. It was before the praise and worship started, and I was trying to decide a plan of action for getting in shape for the summer. I have a bridesmaid dress to wear in two months! (My brother is getting married, yay!) The Lord told me...you can come up with a plan of action, but it must include ME. No going off the deep end again, and no shifting the focus away from Me.

For me, obsessing over weight loss and physical fitness has always been a stronghold...until now. Praise the Lord that the God who spoke this world into existence is rooting for me and has my back. There is nothing too big for him. Nothing. I can't even fathom how BIG He is!

"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ. In 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

Powerful stuff, right? I meditate on the truth of that scripture almost daily. Once I started truly BELIEVING how BIG God is, I realized that included being able (and willing!) to help me demolish this stronghold. Though powerful, it wasn't too powerful for Him.

I enjoyed the accountability of writing out my calories on this Blog the last time I was trying to lose a few pounds, but I think I'll pass on that this time. I just can't devote that kind of time to it, and I can't allow it that much space in my day. I do have a plan that involves keeping a food journal (at least in the beginning), although I'm not sticking to a particular number of calories. I think keeping track of them will be enough to motivate me. My guess is it will fall somewhere between 1200 and 1500, sometimes more...sometimes less. I'm going to try to eat 5-6 small meals again to rev up my metabolism. I'm going to start cooking more healthy proteins for dinner (chicken, salmon, tilapia, shrimp & occasionally lean ground beef and pork tenderloin) and make smarter choices at restaurants. I'm kicking the dessert eating habit I've gotten into and eliminating sugary drinks. Jumping back into a 6 day work out routine that involves 3 days of cardio and 3 days of strength training. This is basically the Body for Life plan. It doesn't work for everyone, but I enjoy it.

Anyway, that's it for now. I'll try to update you on my progress!

You are precious in His Sight!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment