Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 1

I will do my best to always keep this short and sweet. I want to encourage you that while it is wonderful to make healthy living a priority, be sure that you are balancing your time during the day. My intent is not to make you obsessed with losing weight or becoming thin, but to encourage you to incorporate diet and exercise into your daily life so that you can maximize enjoyment of your day. If you are not currently doing a daily quiet time where you spend time in the Word and in prayer with God, I would encourage you to do so! I have some of my best prayer times on the elliptical machine! :) Another way to spend time with God while working out is to jam out to praise/worship music while you're exercising.

***
Today's workout: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Abs, light cardio.

Chest: flat bench presses, incline bench presses

Shoulders: presses, lateral raises, front raises, cup dumps

Triceps: Presses (cable), girl push-ups, extensions (using a free weight)

Abs: Various exercises

Cardio: 22 min. interval run on elliptical
Workout time: approx. 1 hour

Today's Meal Plan: (B = Brkfst, S = Snack, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)

B: Oatmeal (regular)--140 cals., 1 c. frozen blueberries--(80 cals.), coffee (black) w/ Truvia--0 cals.

S: Didn't have one--oops! Was at the gym and running errands.

L: 2 slices wheat bread--160 cals, 6 slices Turkey--60 cals., 1 tbsp. mustard--0 cals, Tony's--0 cals., 1 cup. whole strawberries (frozen)--50 cals., water.

Total so far (after lunch): 490 cals.

S: Honey Roasted Peanuts (1/2 serving--20 pieces)--90, water

D: 10 shrimp sauteed in spray butter and Tony's--90, 1/2 c. black beans--110, 2T low fat mozz. cheese--40 cals.

S: 1/4 cup Breyer's Light Ice Cream (Jackson's leftovers--YES calories eaten off your child's plate DO COUNT, lol. Luckily I was planning to eat this tonight.)--80 cals.

900 calories --This is on the lower end, but I don't feel bad about it because I feel satisfied and full! Should have had my morning snack. Will do better tomorrow. I REALLY need to go to the grocery store.

Tomorrow's Workout: Back, Biceps, Cardio

PS - iPhone users, my friend Jaime was telling me about the "Lose It" application, and it sounds SO COOL! It tracks your calorie intake for you (you don't have to worry about reading the label, etc.) and has been provent to be really accurate! I don't know all that the application offers, but what I've heard is really neat. Check it out! Almost makes me want to quit being an "iPhone snob"...;)

I hope you've had a great day. If not, there's always TOMORROW!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay!
    I came across your blog through a friend of a friend...I live in Houston and have an almost 11-month old baby boy (who is ALL boy). I struggle with missing my normal gym routine since he was born--although I'm back to pre-baby weight, I agree that it is DEFINITELY not the same body shape! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to know someone else is in the same boat! Haha! Where in Houston do you live? We live in Spring. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete